14-15 June: PharmaCog session at the first IMI Stakeholder Forum in Brussels Expo. http://demo.intrasoft.be/research/health/imi/docs/press-release-11062010_en.pdf
2 October: PharmaCog session at the 20th Alzheimer Europe Conference in Luxembourg. http://www.alzheimer-europe.org/DE/Conferences/Previous-conferences/2010-Luxembourg
9 March: PharmaCog session during the IMI Satellite Symposium at the AD / PD meeting (Barcelona, Spain). www.imi.europa.eu/events/2011/04/14/imi-symposium-alzheimer%E2%80%99s-disease-drug-discovery
16-21 July: International Conference on Alzheimer's Disease (ICAD) meeting (Paris, France). PharmaCog researchers presented the first results of the project. www.alz.org/aaic/
4-6 October: IMI European Parliament event (Brussels, Belgium). Various PharmaCog posters were presented. www.imi.europa.eu/events/2011/08/11/imi-european-parliament
12-16 November: 41st Annual Society for Neuroscience Conference (Washington DC, USA). www.sfn.org/ 4 posters were presented by PharmaCog researchers:
- Pfifferi F. & al. "Sleep changes during ageing: electroencephalography (EEG) study in a non-human primate"
- Billa S. & al. "Paired-associate learning in the mouse: optimization and validation of the assay using pharmacological standards and the PDAPP mice"
- Rhaman A. & al. "Evaluation and induction ofcognitive impairement in a non-human primate model of ageing"
- Jones C. & al. "A strain comparison of acquisition, reversal learning and pharmacological manipulation of recall in a touchscreen-based visual discrimination task in the mouse"
16-17 January: PharmaCog annual General Assembly will take place in Marseille: Different round tables, seminars, posters session and panel discussions between PharmaCog scientists.
28 February: Lunch debate at the EU parliament in Brussels. Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) in the spotlight: Speeding up drug discovery for Alzheimer’s disease - The PharmaCog project. Presentation of PharmaCog by the project coordinators.
15 June: Symposium on brain electro-physiology, University of Istanbul. Claudio Babiloni presented: "Cortical EEG rhythms in Alzheimer's disease: the challenge of the European PharmaCog and DECIDE projects".
14-18 July: FENS forum Neurosciences conference (Barcelona, Spain). 4 posters were presented by PharmaCog researchers. http://fens2012.neurosciences.asso.fr/
14-19 July: Alzheimer's Association International Conference (Vancouver, Canada). 8 posters were presented by PharmaCog researchers. www.alz.org/aaic/
28-31 August: PharmaCog researchers presented progress reports during a special PharmaCog symposium at the Measuring Behavior meeting in Amsterdam. www.measuringbehavior.org/mb2012/measuring-behavior-past
27 November: Journée scientifique annuelle, Université Lille 2. Claudio Babiloni presented "Neurophysiological exploration of AD: physiopathology and drug effect: The challenge of the European PharmaCog and DECIDE projects".
3-4 June: PharmaCog General assembly (Lille). There were updates from all the Work Packages, a poster session and four workshops that discussed how PharmaCog's work might continue after the end of the project in 2014.
10 June: 12th FELASA SECAL Congress (Barcelona). Claudio Babiloni presented "EEG markers of motor activity in wild type and TASTPM mice: A multi-laboratory data-sharing experience in the framework of PharmaCog project". www.felasa2013.eu
24 June: DIA 2013 Conference (Boston). Tom Jacobs presented "From Animal to Man: Challenges of Biomarkers in Alzheimer's Research." www.diahome.org
28 June: IBNS Annual Meeting 2013 (Dublin). Sophie Dix presented "Lost in Translation: Improving the Predictive Validity of Animal Models for CNS Disorders." www.ibnshomepage.org
10-14 July: AAIC Conference (Boston). Four PharmaCog colleagues gave presentations, see below. www.alz.org/aaic
- Claudio Babiloni presented the following:
- "Cortical neural synchronization mechanisms in Alzheimer’s disease as revealed by resting state EEG rhythms: A window on cholinergic function?"
- "EEG markers of motor activity in mice in physiological and pathological aging."
- "EEG markers of motor activity in wild type mice."
- "EEG markers of motor activity in lemurs."
- Caitlin Jones presented "Evaluation of the preclinical PK/PD relationship of Alzheimer’s disease gold standard drugs in rats: an in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo comparison."
- Jonathan Kelley presented "Investigations of brain glucose utilization in three transgenic mouse strains that develop neuropathological features of Alzheimer’s Disease".
- Jill Richardson presented "Assessment of cognitive deficits and blood biomarkers of neurodegenerative disease progression in an aged non human primate".
14-15 October: European Alzheimer Disease Consortium (Sofia, Bulgaria). Daria Gennaro presented "PharmaCog Project Overview and Data Update."
14 November: CTAD 2013 (San Diego, USA): Martina Bocchetta presented "Longitudinal Morphometric Characterisation of Mild Cognitive Impairment Patients in PharmaCog Work Package 5".
March 20-23: 30th International Congress of Clinical Neurophysiology (ICCN) of the IFCN (Berlin, Germany). Claudio Babiloni presented "Multimodal neuroimaging and neurophysiologic markers of Alzheimer’s disease towards instrumental diagnosis and therapy monitoring".
April 30: WW-ADNI meeting at American Academy of Neurology (Philadelphia, US). Giovanni B Frisoni gave a talk: "PharmaCog WP5: European ADNI Update" (remotely).
June 8-12: 20th Annual Meeting of the Organization for Human Brain Mapping (Hamburg, Germany). David Bartrés Faz presented a Work Package 1 poster entitled: "Martin-Trias et al. A study of BOLD reproducibility: visual encoding memory and resting state."
July 5-9: 9th Federation of European Neuroscience Societies (FENS) Forum (Milan, Italy). Claudio Babiloni presented the poster “Cortical sources of resting state eyes closed EEG rhythms are correlated to fractional anisotropy (FA) of splenium in amnesic MCI subjects.”
July 8-9: Conference "Biomarkers: From Discovery to Clinical Diagnostics" (Cambridge, UK). Jill Richardson presented "Prediction and Faster Assessment of Functional Properties of New Drug Candidates for Alzheimer’s Disease in Early Clinical Development."
July 11: WW-ADNI meeting at AAIC 2014 (Copenhagen, Denmark). Giovanni B Frisoni gave a talk: "PharmaCog WP5: European ADNI Update".
July 12-16: AAIC 2014 (Copenhagen, Denmark).
- Claudio Babiloni presented "On-going frontal alpha rhythms are dominant in passive state and desynchronize in active state in adult gray mouse lemurs" and “'Men and mice' written by PharmaCog: Can EEG markers of Alzheimer’s disease be back-translated to mouse models?"
- Dr Babiloni also presented three posters:
- "Frontal cortical sources of auditory oddball event-related potentials are related to cerebrospinal fluid β amyloid in amnesic MCI subjects"
- "Cortical sources of resting state eyes closed EEG rhythms are correlated to cerebrospinal fluid β amyloid in amnesic MCI subjects"
- "Effects of donepezil on EEG-EMG markers in wild type (WT) and triple transgenic (TauPS2APP) mice EEG markers of motor activity in mice in physiological and pathological aging"
- Esther Schenker presented the poster "In vivo microdialysis reveals (age-dependent) modification of frontocortical interstitial fluid levels of amyloid b1-40, b1-42, tau and other 'classical' neuromodulators in different strains of transgenic mice".
September 25-28: 18th International Pharmaco EEG-Society (IPEG) Meeting 2014 (Munich, Germany). Claudio Babiloni presented "Translational aspects of animal EEG studies in the IMI PharmaCog Consortium for studies on Alzheimer’s disease."
October 17: 2014 Annual Conference of The Czech and Slovak Society for Clinical Neurophysiology (Olomouc, Czech Republic). Claudio Babiloni presented "Neurophysiologic mechanism of neural efficiency in humans: can it explain performances of athletes and patients with neurodegenerative diseases?"
November 11-12: 13th annual Clinical Trials in CNS Conference (London, UK)
- Sophie Dix presented "Incentives for research: facilitating industry and academic partnering".
- David Willé presented "From Animal to Man: challenges from Alzheimer’s Research".
November 19: Neuroscience 2014 conference (Washington, DC). Esther Schenker presented the poster "Age-dependent changes of beta-amyloid and tau protein in two mouse models of Alzheimer’s disease".
November 20-22: CTAD - Clinical Trials in Alzheimer's Disease (Philadelphia, USA). Giovanni B Frisoni presented "Across-session reproducibility of hippocampal subfields: a European multi-site 3T study" and, in the frame of the EU/US CTAD Task force on Alzheimer's trials: Outcome measures, presented "Endpoints for pre-dementia AD Trials: MRI".
November 24: EMA Workshop on Alzheimer’s disease (London, UK). Olivier Blin presented "Potential use of biomarkers and their temporal relationship with the different phases of AD in different stages of drug development".
December 4-7: 10th International Congress on Non-Motor Dysfunctions in Parkinson’s Disease and Related Disorders - NMDPD (Nice, France). Claudio Babiloni presented "Cortical sources of resting state EEG rhythms in PDD and AD: do they reflect specific network disease processes?" in the symposium "Detection of neuropsychological deficits in PD – scales and biomarkers".
February 1-3: Jill Richardson attended the Wellcome Trust conference Biomarkers for Brain Disorders: Challenges and Opportunities (Cambridge, UK) with a view to present results from Work Package 5. https://registration.hinxton.wellcome.ac.uk
March 2-5: David Bartrés-Faz attended the 1st International Brain Stimualtion Conference (Singapore) and presented: "Use of TMS as a cognitive challenge model of memory dysfunction and associated functional brain mechanisms." www.brainstimconference.com
March 18-22: Moira Marizzoni presented the following papers at AD/PD 2015, the 12th International Conference on Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Diseases and related neurological disorders (Nice, France):
- Presubiculum atrophy in Mild Cognitive Impairment patients with AD pathology
- Hippocampal subfields reproducibility: a European multi-site 3T study
- Gene dose effects of ApoE4 on subcortical volumes in MCI patients
April 12-15: Sophie Dix attended BNI2015 (British Neuroscience Association's Festival of Neuroscience) in Edinburgh and presented "The Innovative Medicines Initiative: facilitating industrial and academic partnership".
June 5-6: Régis Bordet and Claudio Babiloni attended the DN2M Meeting 2015 (Lille, France). Dr Babiloni presented "How to modelize cognitive impairment to assess new symptomatic drugs?" and "Of Mice and Men. The back-translation of EEG and MRI markers from humans to animals in the IMI PharmaCog project on Alzheimer’s disease".
June 28: Régis Bordet and David Bartrés-Faz attended the EACPT conference (Madrid, Spain). Dr Bordet presented "Disease modifiers in Alzheimer's disease: towards a multomodal strategy" and Dr Bartrés-Faz presented “How cognitive challenge models can improve the sensitivity of the biomarker battery to test symptomatic treatments: the PharmaCog project approach”.
July 18-23: Claudio Babiloni gave the following presentations at AAIC2015, the annual Alzheimer's Association International Conference (Washington D.C., USA):
- EEG/ERP Markers of Disease Progression in Prodromal Alzheimer's Disease: Advancements of European IMI Pharmacog Project.
- EEG Markers in Adult Gray Mouse Lemurs before and after Sleep Deprivation. (Poster)
- Spectral on-Going EEG Markers of Motor Activity in Mouse Models in Physiological Aging and Alzheimer's Disease. (Poster)
- Are Cortical Sources of Resting State Eyes-Closed Electroencephalographic Rhythms related to an Early Diagnostic Marker of Alzheimer's Disease? (Poster)
- Are Cortical Sources of Auditory Oddball Event-Related Potentials related to an Early Diagnostic Marker of Alzheimer’s Disease? (Poster)
September 14-18: Claudio Babiloni gave the following presentation at The Human-Machine Interaction School (HMISS) in Monopoli (Italy): "When the brain fails: Human Machine Interaction for Assessment and Prevention of Mild Cognitive Impairment in Aging."
September 30-October 3: PharmaCog was very well represented at ECCN, the 15th European Congress on Clinical Neurophysiology (Brno, Czech Rep.).
Susanna Lopez presented the following papers:
- Auditory oddball event-related potentials cortical sources are related to cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) β Amyloid (Aβ) level in amnesic MCI subjects.
- Abnormal delta cortical sources of resting state eyes closed EEG rhythms correlate with cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) β Amyloid (Aβ) level in amnesic MCI subjects.
- EEG markers of motor activity in physiological aging and Alzheimer's disease mouse models.
Claudio Babiloni presented:
- "Of Mice and Men": impact of Alzheimer‘s disease on cortical generation of EEG rhythms in mice and humans towards a true translational mode.
- Cortical Generation of On-going "Delta" and "Alpha" EEG Rhythms in Mouse Models of Alzheimer‘s disease and Alzheimer’s disease Patients at Prodromic and Manifest Stages.
Wilhelmus Drinkenburg presented:
- Pharmacological Neuromodulation of on-going "Delta" and "Alpha" EEG Rhythms: Evidence for Translational Neurophysiological Biomarkers in Alzheimer‘s Disease Animal Models.
October 8: Claudio Babiloni presented "Of Mice and Men": impact of Alzheimer's disease on cortical generation of EEG rhythms in mice and humans towards a true translational model" during an event hosted by AbbVie Deutschland (Ludwigshafen, Germany) that also featured other IMI projects on clinical neuroscience.
October 8-11: Marina Bentivoglio attended SINS - the Congress of the Italian Society of Neuroscience (Cagliari, Italy) and presented "Orexnergic neurons in murine models of Alzheimer's disease".
October 17-21: Esther Schenker attended SfN 2015 (Chicago, USA) and presented "Extracellular levels of tau protein, b-amyloid and neurotransmitters in cerebral structures of a mouse model of Alzheimer’s Disease."
November 5-7: Jill attended CTAD 2015 (Barcelona, Spain) in order to present "Differential effects of vascular and amyloid pathology on cognitive functions in mild cognitive impairment" and "Presubiculum volume changes in Mild Cognitive Impairment patients with AD pathology".
March 15: Claudio Babiloni attended the 5th ECCN Annual Meeting (Rome, Italy) and presented "EEG biomarkers along disease progression in amnesic MCI subjects with prodromal Alzheimer's disease in PharmaCog (European ADNI WP)."
July 24-28: Claudio Babiloni and Moira Marizzoni attended AAIC2016 in Toronto, Canada.
Dr Babiloni presented:
- "Back-translation of EEG/ERP markers from amnesic MCI patients to healthy young volunteers in the PharmaCog project."
- "Association between EEG/ERP and CSF markers in prodromal Alzheimer's disease in the PharmaCog project."
- "Spectral on-going EEG markers in TASTPM mice are affected by chronic administration of BACE-1 inhibitor in the PharmaCog project."
He also presented “Uses of electrophysiology in preclinical research, clinical trials and drug discovery in Alheimer's disease" at the Electrophysiology PIA (EPIA) Day 2016 in conjunction with AAIC2016.
Dr Marizzoni presented:
- "Cognitive Composite Measures in Amnestic MCI by Different Amyloid/Tau Pathology"
- "Biomarkers of short term disease progression in Mild Cognitive Impairment patients with AD pathology"
- "Association between volumes alterations and CSF biomarkers in amnestic MCI" (Poster)
- "Association between brain MRI diffusion alterations and CSF biomarkers in amnestic MCI" (Poster)
September 7-10: David Bartrés-Faz attended the 6th International Conference on Transcranial Brain Stimulation (Göttingen, Germany) to present "Adaptability and reproducibility of a memory disruption rTMS protocol in the PharmaCog IMI European project".
September 13-14: Claudio Babiloni attended CNS 2016 - The European CNS Summit (London, UK) and presented “Back-translation of cortical EEG biomarkers from humans to mice for drug discovery in Alzheimer's disease: The PharmaCog project way".
December 8-10: Nathalie Compagnone will attend CTAD - 9th Clinical Trials on Alzheimer's Disease (San Diego, USA) to present "Validation of ADFlag®, a diagnostic blood-test for pre-dementia stages of Alzheimer’s disease."
Last Updated: Monday 17 November 2014