Call for abstracts
Abstract submission is now open until 30 April 2017.
To submit an abstract go to Abstract Submission.
Alzheimer Europe and Deutsche Alzheimer Gesellschaft are calling for abstracts on the following subjects:
Living with dementia
- People with dementia
- Carers of people with dementia
- Sexuality and dementia
- Migration and dementia
- Post-diagnostic support
- Residential care
- Care training
- Home care and support
- Behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia
- People with dementia in hospitals
- Treatment and management of dementia
Legal and ethical issues
- Ethical issues linked to dementia research
- Proxy-decision making systems
- Ethics of assistive technologies
- End-of-life care and decisions
- Seltene Demenzformen
- Neue Wohnformen
- Demenz und Autofahren
Please respect the following guidelines when writing your abstract:
- Only abstracts submitted in English will be considered. For the German session please submit your abstract in German.
- Abstracts need to be submitted via the online submission system. Abstracts submitted by e-mail, fax or post will be ignored.
- Abstracts should be written in concise form and should not exceed one page (or 300 words).
- Abstracts need to be submitted in Word format, and to follow the template guidelines.
Alzheimer Europe and Deutsche Alzheimer Gesellschaft want to encourage all participants to use a non-discriminatory language when referring to people with dementia.
The terms “person with dementia” or “people with dementia “ should therefore be used rather than “victims”, “sufferers”, the “demented” or “dementing” or other stigmatising language.
- As AE Conferences are open to a lay audience, presentations on licensed medicines, whether promotional in nature or not, will not be accepted. The use of trade marked names is similarly not allowed.
- Abstracts should be clearly linked to one of the topics of the call for abstracts. You will be asked to choose a specific topic when submitting your abstract.
- Alzheimer Europe and Deutsche Alzheimer Gesellschaft will accept submission of abstracts for both oral or poster presentations. Please indicate on the form, if you submit your abstract for oral or poster presentation only.
- Please note that oral presentations will be for 15 minutes.
- All abstracts must be submitted by 30 April at the latest.
- You will receive an e-mail notification after submitting your abstract. If you have not received an e-mail notification after submitting your abstract, please contact the Alzheimer Europe secretariat.
- All abstracts will be evaluated by the Programme Committee.
- For each topic, 3 or 4 members of the Programme Committee will rate each abstract which will have been anonymised prior to evaluation.
For abstracts submitted for oral presentation, the following procedure will apply:
- The five highest rated abstracts for each topic will be selected as oral presentations for inclusion in the final programme.
- Only one abstract per author will be accepted for inclusion as an oral presentation. If more than one abstract qualifies, only the highest rated abstract will be included in the final programme. Additional abstracts by the same author may be accepted as poster presentations.
- Abstracts that have not been accepted for oral presentation can be selected for poster presentations as long as they reach the required threshold average mark.
- Abstracts that have not reached the required average mark will be rejected.
For abstracts submitted for poster presentation, the following procedure will apply:
- Abstracts that have reached the required threshold average mark will be accepted as poster presentations.
- All other abstracts will be rejected.
- All authors will be informed about the decision of the Programme Committee by 31 May 2017.
- If accepted, only minor changes to the submitted abstract will be permitted. It is the author’s responsibility to ensure that abstracts are correct in terms of accuracy of contents, spelling and grammar.
- All presenters need to register for the conference by the early bird registration deadline of 30 June 2017.
Last Updated: Wednesday 22 February 2017